Thursday, March 29, 2018

May 2016 - Mother's Day Reflections

*|MC:SUBJECT|*
View this email in your browser

Post Mother's Day Musings


We hope everyone enjoyed Mother's Day yesterday.  I will see my Mother this week as I travel back to Ireland and I can say that I am so grateful that she raised me to be a strong woman of faith and it is one of her greatest gifts to me!  It is what helps me through the toughest days of being a Mom of a CHD Warrior.  As well, I have a special spot in my heart for my fellow CHD Moms, those Mom's who have warriors still fighting to live as full and joyful lives as possible and also to those who have lost their children to this horrible disease!  May you know how blessed you are to have these special children in your life or watching over you from Heaven!

We have had a busy two months here at Matthew's Hearts of Hope.

In March, MHOH visited MSCHONY with Dylan Shiland and his Mom Alicia to culminate his Eagle Scout Project started last year with the 5K run he organized and coordinated.  All of the proceeds funded several 3-D hearts and some care packages for families who are in the hospital.  Click HERE for the full story.

We also completed a pillow project at Washington Elementary School where the children stuffed 200 pillows and received help from the ladies at The Senior Center with the sewing of them all. A great day was had by all!

A special thank you to Dale Krier who recently held a Rabies Clinic in Sherman, and donated all the proceeds to MHOH.  Afterwards she made an emergency call to a couple in Greenwich, to help euthanize their dog.  After sharing some information with them about our foundation, the couple mailed a very generous donation to Dale a few days later. Thank you Dale for sharing our story. We get to do what we do because of people like you! The day before the check arrived, we committed to funding three 3-D Hearts at Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital of New York to help three children with complex CHD surgeries coming up this summer. I’m always amazed how things work out, God is good!

As a family we took some time to enjoy Spring Break in Florida, we really enjoyed making some memories together.

We are working on revamping our website, stay tuned.

Also the documentary “The Art of The Heart” is coming very soon.

Lastly today I leave to visit my family in Ireland.  It has been three and a half years since I last went home. I am looking forward to celebrating a friend’s wedding, visiting with my three brothers, their significant others and their children and most of all just seeing my parents and spending some quality time with them! I am nervous to leave Matthew but I also know that he is surrounded by great people every day at The Sherman School and that Mike will do a great job. I am very thankful to him for encouraging me to take this trip.

Thank you as always for all your prayers and support!

Currently, 3-D hearts are not funded by insurance. Please make a donation today to help defray the costs of producing these hearts that are changing the way CHD is being treated and the lives of our CHD warriors and their families!!! CLICK HERE TO DONATE!
Copyright © 2014 , All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:mhatcher@matthewsheartsofhope.org

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 






This email was sent to *|EMAIL|*
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
*|LIST:ADDRESSLINE|*

*|REWARDS|*

No comments:

Post a Comment